Friday, March 21, 2008

my Anthology

Poems about Life

Life Poem
A True Story of A Real Man
© By Nichole L. Johnson

A man that made an impression on strangers and friends.
Quiet but firm and even more stern.
Strength and courage I have learned from you, but being without you is hard to do.
A man with pride in every step he made.
A man with vigor in every phrase.

The tears I've shed cannot surpass the smiles and the laughs we had with you.
To feel your pain I could not do, to feel your joy I cannot explain, but being without is hard to do.
A man with pride in every step he made.
A man with vigor in every phrase.

A man that defined the word grand as only a real man can.
To know you're in a better place soothes my pain.
Knowing you're watching over me makes me sane.
A man with pride in every step he made.
A man with vigor in every phrase.

A true story of a real man, who in the end held his family together as only a real man can.
My grandfather, a man with poise.
You were a husband, father, uncle, cousin, grandfather, friend, and the epitome of a real man.

0 comments: